Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Christian Internauts

There are so many of them! That was my outcry of amazement when I discovered this phenomenon.

Somewhere deep inside I had this picture of boring and old people attending churches and singing old songs, but, you see, my life consists of such moments, when prejudices are being crushed and when the true picture comes out. Time and time again.

I have discovered a vast amount of web sites dealing wit
h theology. This in itself was not surprising; what was difficult, though, was discerning the good ones from the bad ones. To an untrained person the journey is treacherous and hard, and I stumbled many a time. But there were a few places often referred to by others, and they became my beacons in the darkness. If you take a look at my sidebar, you will find several of them. And although this journey was dangerous at times and strange, I would not want to be without it - as I often say: I do not regret anything I have done in my life, because everything I do teaches me something and in the end - this is how God governs my life for His Glory.

Later on I started digging deep into the texts, use references, look for literature. I also discovered music - not the old one from my prejudices, but the new one, powerful and completely biblical, just by accident (?)... which led me straight way to... blogging. Yes, because I wanted to comment on something somebody wrote, and that somebody demanded that the commenters have an account on Blogger... Well - so I registered, and might as well write :)

I had no big expectations, though, and still am quite unsure as to the direction of my writing. Reading other blogs helps, and I am very grateful for all the support I get from those who come here and read my posts.


When one becomes a Christian, the desire to share the Gospel with others is overwhelming. My pastor made an interesting remark this past Sunday, that nothing compares to the prayer of a newly saved person. It may be lacking theologically, but the fullness of love to God in it is never greater than in those first moments of Christian walk. I pray I will never lose my first love for God.
BECAUSE
The following are the words I definitely do not want to hear when the time comes:
But I have this against you, that you have abandoned the love you had at first.
(Rev 2:4)

3 comments:

Kim said...

One of the things I like about blogging is that among my "face-to-face" friends, not enough of them (especially women, sad to say) want to talk about serious theological things. Blogging has given me an opportunity to do that.

Even So... said...

God bless you...IMHO, you are doing well...

Anonymous said...

One of our former pastors used to say something similar...that we need to really encourage new believers, or seekers to pray believing (faith), because God really works amazing things especially when showing Himself to those just beginning the journey.

The verse that sobers me, is the one warning against becoming lukewarm.