Friday, June 29, 2007

The happiness of achieving a goal ???


Ok. So I know the world is a mad place. And I know what to expect. But still, every time I see something like this, I get a shock reaction.
Romans 1:32
and although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them.
(NASB)

Why? This article is about Jenny who became a priest in the Lutheran Church of Sweden. Only this fact should rise my eyebrow - but since next year marks 50th anniversary of women as priests in Sweden, nobody drops a jaw anymore. What does rise an eyebrow is another fact, namely, her family status. The article says that she is married to Linda. Linda is an unbeliever. Linda is a woman.

Lord, what do You want me to do? How should I react to this? She works where I work, she is going to be welcome to my workplace in order to preach the gospel of tolerance to my students. Lord, help me to bear witness to Your Truth, despite the circumstances, despite my fears and weaknesses. Lord, Glorify Your Name in this, I pray.

PS. James Swan has blogged on a similar topic here. Thank you, James, for this one.

4 comments:

Angela said...

Surprised, but not surprised-at the same time! good post. In Christ, Angela

MilhamaH said...

"But when they hand you over, do not worry about how or what you are to say; for it will be given you in that hour what you are to say.
For it is not you who speak, but it is the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you."

Matthew 10:19-20

Milhamah

Anonymous said...

Double whammy here, that's for sure.

Hard to see it praised and touted as newsworthy...

gham said...

Hey Ann,

Seems like a bit of a dilemma!

Im sure this challenge will help you grow in Christ.

2 Thessalonians 3:13
As for you, brothers, do not grow weary in doing good.