Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Passport

A journey in time:

My grandmother, born in the central Poland in 1903, never saw the sea. Her greatest dream to go and spend
some days at the seashore never came true. She died in 1978, on her birthday, and this sorrow died with her, but her longing got inherited by her daughter - my mother, and by me, her granddaughter.
My mother, born in 1927, and still alive today, has had the opportunity to travel a bit and to see several European countries. The seashore to her is an obvious sight, not only in Poland, but in Italy, in Spain, in France.
And I, born somewhat later, :), am sitting now with my brand new Swedish passport, planning a trip to the U.S.A. next January...


Makes one wonder what boundaries my sons are going to break. During the last 100 years the three women in my family have made this incredible journey, the journey of life, courage, opening horizons, living through two world wars, communism, moving abroad, marrying a foreigner...

The latest lag of the journey is multidimentional, comprising the journey home, to my first King, to my citizenship in heaven. I cannot thank God enough for it.
PTL



1 comment:

pregador27 said...

I think our generation has the most potential to break barriers at this time- it is easier to travel, go to school, dream once impossible dreams... If the Lord tarries, I wonder what barriers our kids will be breaking.