Sunday, June 08, 2008

The Day to Remember (3rd June 2008)


I don't know what to say. My father is buried, is no more with us... He had been ill for a long time, and I knew what was coming. I was mentally prepared, but still, the sober reality of his body in the coffin, his ice-cold hands, his peaceful face, almost sleeping, but breathless...
And then the coffin was put into the grave. From ashes to ashes. From life to death, from here to there.

Flowers and wreaths, lamps, candles...

and the silence inside of me, sorrow of knowing that not only is he gone away from us, but also that he is going to face his judgement without the new birth Grace, as far as I know...

I am only starting to grieve, I was not able to do it until now. I was not allowed to. You see, sometimes life is tough, and only the knowledge that
“And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.”
makes it possible to go on and survive a day at a time. They have been difficult days for me. Later I will write about what the Roman Catholic funeral in Poland looks like.

1 comment:

Richard D said...

Ann - I'm sorry to hear about your father. I will keep you in my prayers.