Saturday, July 05, 2008

Blessèd Redeemer

"His mercy endureth forever.” 1 Chronicles 16:34





Blessèd Redeemer, full of compassion,
Great is Thy mercy, boundless and free;
Now in my weakness, seeking Thy favor,
Lord, I am coming closer to Thee.

Refrain

Blessèd Redeemer, wonderful Savior,
Fountain of wisdom, Ancient of Days,
Hope of the faithful, Light of all ages,
Jesus my Savior, Thee will I praise.

Blessèd Redeemer, Thou art my Refuge,
Under Thy watch-care, safe I shall be;
Gladly adoring, joyfully trusting,
Still I am coming closer to Thee.

Refrain

Blessèd Redeemer, gracious and tender,
New and forever dwell Thou in me;
Thou, my Protector, Shield and Defender,
Draw me and keep me closer to Thee.

Refrain


Words: Fan­ny Cros­by (1820-1915).
Music: Ira D. Sank­ey (1840-1908)

No comments: