Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Two years now

Somewhere about right now my two years of living my new life has passed. Two years of joy, reformation, discovery, hard road of opposition, many tears and pain, and a road to the light, to the hope, to the life everlasting.
I truly hope I am out of the cage-stage, as some call the initial period in a life of a new Calvinist. I don't jump on people with the whip of predestination and election as I used to, and I recognize God's Sovereignty in humbling me more and more, even in the way I pour my tea or cook the meals.
What in the beginning was a huge UNKNOWN TERRITORY, has slowly begun to open and make itself known, bit by bit.
This doesn't mean I can see the other side. It is more like the pilgrimage, with a firm goal, without knowing the length of the journey. After all, the Israelites had to spend 40 years on foot pursuing the Promised Land. Why shoul we opt for less?
I have learned to live day by day, hour by hour, and to indeed trust my burdens on Jesus... Fighting on my own is pointless, fighting with Him is all that matters.
It is an exciting experience to observe the world through the lense of the Christian faith. What once was my love and pleasure, is now filth and repulsion, what once was my way to self affirmation, is now trash of human philosophy. Very often it puts me in conflict with my surroundings, but every time I stand firm by the Word, I overcome the problem in front of me. These times I give in, the consequences haunt me for a long time afterwards.
I praise God for these two years. My life is so rich now, and so wonderful, since I gave it to His Son - nothing can surpass it in any measure.
Rom 11:33-36
(33) Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways!
(34) "For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who has been his counselor?"
(35) "Or who has given a gift to him that he might be repaid?"
(36) For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen.


No comments: