Saturday, September 02, 2006

My Saturdays

My Saturdays are 'in-between'. I wonder if you are willing to share this view?

You have been working for five days, you have lots and lots of things to do at home, next day is Sunday, to be savoured with your brothers and sisters in the Lord, and you just sit there, on a Saturday morning, with some nice plans for the day, and they never get carried on.

It always starts the same - after going to bed late on Friday evening (because you woud be able to stay in bed longer next day, right? - wrong!), one of your children wakes you up two hours too early. Well, my oldest son is not a long sleeper, unfortunately. And his room is next to my bedroom. And his computer is in that room, and that computer has got some heavy loudspekaers attached... You know the rest. It was 7.30.

Some other times it is the youngest child, this one a long sleeper, but waking up unexpectedly early.
I do not appreciate early Saturday mornings. It takes a lot of strength not to be slightly irritaded during the hours of breakfast, cleaning, washing and preparing lunch, when you had not got enough sleep.
Who has taken my sleep away!?
But I am coping. Tomorrow is Sunday, my favourite day of the week since not long ago. PTL.

I learned something new today. Have you ever heard of maltheism? I haven't, until today. Talk about deception... the person I was debating (on a newsgroup) was asking myriads of provocative questions, blaspheming God and Jesus, never saying who he represented. It was a scary experience, because the man seemed sincere in the beginning, but more and more sarcastic and unpleasant towards the end. I told him who I thought he was, and he became silent. What a horrible ideology that one is. And yet I am convinced that we must be aware of it, of its principles, in order to be able to prove it wrong with the Bible.

Being a Christian is the most profound EVERYTHING in my life. I have never learned so much in so short a time as I did in those past few months. Thanks to God's Grace (and Him answering my questions, as I wrote yesterday).
I hope for two long sleepers tomorrow :)

Isa 29:24 They also that erred in spirit shall come to understanding, and they that murmured shall learn doctrine.

No comments: