Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Books

Three of them:

1. The God Who Justifies by James R. White
2. The Potter's Freedom by James R. White
3. Always Ready by Greg L. Bahnsen

arrived in my post box on Monday. The two first ones signed by the author :)

This will be a great time to read them, slowly savoring their contents, and enjoying the Word of God at the same time.

About books - when I was a child, I read a lot of adventure stories, later going over to romance and still later to biographies of famous people. Books are something else. You can take a good book everywhere with you, you can read it at a candle light, you can go back and forth in it, you can touch it, smell it... Oh, the smell of new books, something I remember from my childhood, when I opened my presents... Unforgettable. Today's books smell differently than those in the past, probably due to the modern technology. Sigh...

Take a good book and read it too :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep. I with you on this. I love reading. I enjoy the old books too.