Monday, September 17, 2007

Short notes from the capital

I spent a good part of Friday and Saturday in Stockholm, as a part of my work duties, taking care of students, welcoming our guests from Poland, being a part of an exchange program. All week ahead we are having these guests here.
But what I want to note are some other bits and pieces, not necessarily connected to the students.
1. Christians handing out tracts in a dark alley close to Sergels Torg in Stockholm. It was so good to tell them that I am praying for them.
2. Hare Krishna group marching and singing - what a sight, what a sorrow, what lost hope...
3. A group of people dressed in black, protesting against rapists... Why? Because they have not yet heard of total depravity of human heart...
4. Me sharing the Gospel with one of the visiting teachers - Praise the Lord, he was listening, and there will be plenty of time to talk some more.

A good time. All to His Glory.

2 comments:

pregador27 said...

I think it is such a blessing to encounter Christians who you've never met- almost like a mini-family reunion with family you didn't know! It's good that you took a moment to encourage them. Hopefully they had it easier than Rand does in Canada.

When I was with a group of teens in Orlando some of them went up to some Hare Krishnas (the HKs there were also singing and marching) and our teens gave them information and briefly witnessed to them. Most of them had no idea of what the HKs were.

ann said...

You know... Rand was on my mind when I saw them :)
All his writing about evangelism made such an impact on me, that in spite of my secular company I felt the urge to approach them and talk to them :)
Wonderful feeling, to be a part of His Body :)