Sunday, September 30, 2007

Perfect picture, or is it?

Have you ever thought about it how many lonely people are there in the world? This thought struck me today, while thinking about some friends. From the outside - perfect marriages, happiness, yet when you scratch a bit under the surface, you find despair, solitude, disappointment... This is a generic observation, as true for many as it is true for the author of this text, and the more painful.

It hurts when the other side does not understand, when they do not listen, when they indulge in their own interests and their own sins. But we are the same - sinful, hurting, forgetful, judgemental, and so it goes on and on, until something bursts and some crisis comes, either to wake us up and repair the damage, or to leave us even legally alone.

I pray for less selfishness and more understanding, starting with me, because if I can change anybody, it is only myself. No - no major crisis here. Just life, just every day, just minor obstacles and tribulations on my own way to glory. I hear the admonition to straighten my ways, and to set my priorities in order. Some of these have already been reversed or taken out from my life. On some others - I will have to labor for a long time.
How is it in your life? When the perfect picture of your life is nothing but a pretencion? What do you do?

No comments: