Monday, February 11, 2008

Bitter-sweet

This is how I feel now. Bitter-sweet, very blessed, but very very sad at the same time. Meeting people is wonderful, saying good-bye is awful. It literally hurts when you say good-bye to a person you shall probably never meet again on this side of eternity...
I wonder... If this is the pain that awaits me next January, when the cruise is over... Is it realistic that I go and hurt afterwards? Or should I rather be anticipating the great fellowship and not pondering the inevitable?

Hey, I am getting into philosophy here, thinking about endings and exits... By the way - exits are part of our lives. We are all going to make the great exit one day, on the date and hour appointed by God. We are all going to leave, to be missed (hopefully), but the great question for many is, where to? And this big "where to" forces people to look for answers everywhere.

Desperation, pain, lack of hope, final encounter with the death sentence (in a form of medical verdict), or many other causes, push people towards the spiritual hunger. But only few find peace, the real peace with God, through Jesus Christ, with the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Those few are precious to God, and to one another. Maybe that is why it hurts so much right now... But it is a good kind of pain, so, in the end - I am going to meet others, because the SWEET of the fellowship is going to cover the BITTER of parting.

To God be the Glory in all things and for all things. And God Bless you, Martin.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ania,

It is good for you to go there. I will learn a lot and meet all the people from the channel. I would enjoy it too I am not sure if I can go and I do not know people like you do. I saw somewhere here a link to cruise info. Could you please post it again? Thanks.

Christopher

ann said...

Hi Chris!
The link to the cruise:
http://sovereigncruises.org/AO2009/

However, to take the full advantage of the time, remember the debate, 21st Jan. 2009.
http://sovereigncruises.org/AO2009/debate.htm

Try to make it. It is worth every penny to be there.

MilhamaH said...

I would love to go there. As I grow in reformed theology to the encouragement and joy of my two pastors who are reformed and Sheppard a church with majority of arminians by choice or by default of ignorance. Not to mention, that it would be fabulous to finally meet you in person. Lord willing we will be there.