Monday, February 25, 2008

His plans for me

“For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” (Jeremiah 29:11-13)

listen to chapter (Read by Max McLean. Provided by The Listener's Audio Bible.)

Powered by BibleGateway.com


Sadly, for many prosperity preachers this is an encouragement for seeking wealth. But for me it is an encouragement for seeking godly things, for examining myself and for glorifying God in everything I do. Praying according to His will, seeking his righteousness first, not dwelling at material things, enjoying Christian fellowship, forgiving gladly, being of good cheer...

I trust His plans for me. I love His plans for me, even without knowing them, for He works all things for good of those who love Him.

To God be the Glory in all things.


No comments: