Sunday, March 02, 2008

My Strength

“Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” (Psalm 73:25-26)

listen to chapter (Read by Max McLean. Provided by The Listener's Audio Bible.)

Powered by BibleGateway.com


Lately I have been experiencing some hard times, and the pressure seems to increase all the time, demonstrating itself in some physical effects that are painful and unexplainable in any other way. My convictions have brought me to crossroads and I am obligated to make a choice. Well, not really, because there is but one way to go, and this way is not the same way I would have chosen had I not been a Christian. It is pretty obvious and may possibly put an end to my present comfortable life. However, I am not afraid, trusting in Lord for everything. In fact, the futile efforts of some to destroy my peace are pathetic in the light of His plans.
I would appreciate prayers concerning my immediate future (the one about my job), and would like to thank all of you who visit here and who care. I love you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are covered. It will all be for better...

MilHamaH

Terry Rayburn said...

Ann,

Will be praying. May the Lord make clear His sufficient grace, and His guidance.

Blessings,
Terry

ann said...

Thank you, Brothers.

Terry, I am honored by you visiting this simple place :)
Give my regards to Michelle, please :)

MInTheGap said...

Wow, Ann. Sounds like something big is coming into your life, but as with many saints of old, perhaps God has something big for you on the other side, and is using this opportunity to see if you really want to follow hard after Him.

I'm excited for you Ann, for though the journey may be rough, God may be at work in your life so that you may be blessed in greater measure.

Take heart, God is at work to do all things to His glory and our best good.