Monday, August 24, 2009

Today's Devotionals

Morning:

I know their sorrows.

A man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief.--Touched with
the feeling of our infirmities.

Himself took our infirmities, and bare [our] sicknesses.--
Jesus, . . . being wearied with [his] journey, sat thus on the
well.

When Jesus . . . saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping
which came with her, he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled.
. . . Jesus wept.--For in that he himself hath suffered being
tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

He hath looked down from the height of his sanctuary; from
heaven did the LORD behold the earth; to hear the groaning of
the prisoner; to loose those that are appointed to death.--He
knoweth the way that I take: [when] he hath tried me, I shall
come forth as gold.--When my spirit was overwhelmed within me,
then thou knewest my path.

He that toucheth you toucheth the apple of his eye.--In all
their affliction he was afflicted, and the angel of his presence
saved them: in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he
bare them, and carried them all the days of old.

Ex 3:7 Isa 53:3 Heb 4:15 Mt 8:17 Joh 4:6 11:33,35 Heb 2:18
Ps 102:19,20 Job 23:10 Ps 142.3 Zec 2:8 Isa 63:9


Evening:

I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day.

The soul of the sluggard desireth, and [hath] nothing: but
the soul of the diligent shall be made fat.--He that watereth
shall be watered also himself.

My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish
his work. Say not ye, There are yet four months, and [then]
cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and
look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest. And
he that reapeth receiveth wages, and gathereth fruit unto life
eternal: that both he that soweth and he that reapeth may
rejoice together.--The kingdom of heaven is like unto a man
[that is] an householder, which went out early in the morning to
hire labourers into his vineyard. And when he had agreed with
the labourers for a penny a day, he sent them into his vineyard.

Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season.--Occupy
till I come.

I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the
grace of God which was with me.

Joh 9:4 Pr 13:4 Pr 11:25 Joh 4:34-36 Mt 20:1,2 2Ti 4:2
Lu 19:13 1Co 15:10

No comments: