Thursday, February 15, 2007

Do not waste Your Life


I am skimming through a Swedish tabloid, Aftonbladet. On-line, because I do not buy that filth. We used to, once a week - they have a good TV-table for a week, but we stopped. It was impossible to have the newspaper on our kitchen table.
A few days ago I posted on the change of vision, on how becoming a Christian changes you from the inside out, and gives you a completely new mindset. I can only confirm it after this episode of tabloid reading today. While my eyesight deteriorates because the age takes its toll, my mindset becomes sharper every day.

This "star" did this, that "starlet" did that, oh, the one you-know-everybody-loves-her got naked in a night club, wow!!!! How-could-she whatever filth is good because it boosts your career....
Another one was found dead in her apartment (never have heard of this one, and no, it is not Anna Nicole, but another one), oh, what a terrible loss, EVERYBODY is crying...

I do feel sorry for those whose relatives died - please do not misunderstand me. But when a tabloid makes this kind of news its main food, I become suspicious. They rub it on you, and you start worrying about things you had no idea existed! Rubbish in, rubbish out. The more sensation, the better. The less substance, the easier you become manipulated.

There was one man who died also. He did it willingly, for those who would believe in Him, repent and obey Him. He took my sin and made me righteous before God the Father. He dwells in me and is sanctifying me, He walks with me and will never leave me.
People wrote about Him. Not in tabloids, but in one very special Book, the ONLY BOOK WORTH READING, really.
Read this Book - if you have not yet done it. The living water of life is in it. For you. God willing.

P.S.
Now about the title: you who visit here often know how much I appreciate John Piper and his ministry. My next reading project is his book that may be found here, and that inspired my today's title.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Valuable message for all of us ;) For me too! Hmmm read His Word and share with us, what Jesus do in Your life! It's easy and free ;))

Even So... said...

P.P.S.

Piper rules...

ann said...

Even so, You are a rocker Yourself :)

Unknown said...

So true...and I love the total change in you, the renewal of your mind...that you refer to in posts. What a testimony to God it is.

I know I've learned that things are a lot more depraved than I realized before having online access to all the "latest" filth. Phil. 4:8 (Thinking on pure and lovely things) seems to contradict much of what we let filter in...yet we can't have our heads stuck in the sand either with all that's going on around us trying to suck our families in...

ann said...

Thank You, Mary.
Sometimes I am amazed myself. But let us boast in the cross only.

Generally speaking - there is nothing good out there. Nothing. It takes a power of will now for me to live my "normal" life, go to work, etc.
A daily struggle.