Sunday, October 28, 2007

A Test of Faith

Over at Steve Camp's blog, where else :)

Could I Be Called a Christian

from "Consider The Cost" by Steve Camp

Could I be called a Christian
If everybody knew
The secret thoughts and feelings
Of everything I do
Could they see the likeness
Of Christ in me each day
Could they hear Him speaking
In every word I say

Could I be called a Christian
If my faith I did not show
If I did not go to places
Where the Lord would have me go
If I do not love His truth
If I do not guard His trust
If I cherish more than Jesus
My greatest hidden lust

To obey all He’s commanded
To do all that He said
To be His true disciple
To place no confidence in the flesh
To glory in Christ Jesus
It’s He who justifies
To find your life you must lose it
To live you first must die
Let every man examine his own life
Could I be called a Christian

Could I be called a Christian
And believe not His Holy Word
If I take Him as my Savior
And then refuse Him as my Lord
If I could not love the outcast
And am not burdened for the lost
If I fail to deny myself
And each day take up my cross

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm. This is very convicting