Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Coming to my senses


So the matter is this:

Discussion. Taking time to engage in true, loving, and teaching discussion on the things that matter. Probably something the majority of brainy people like to do.
Arguments - should be well-thought, balanced, proved, clear.


Here I was - freshly put in the Light, wanting to share it with the like-minded. Or so I believed that they were. But alas, the term 'protestantism' includes so much... Too much...
Welcome cold shower, people who do not give one second to seriousness of the Truth or to charity of God. People who proclaim themselves believers, but who, at the same time, shout out strange and unbiblical doctrines. People who call me names.
Why? Because I believe that my salvation is forever, and they consider it heresy. Because I embrace Doctrines of Grace, and they embrace doctrines of tongues.

The result - my sinful nature is more than happy to engage in the match, rising the level of adrenaline in my brain, making me deaf and blind to charity and decency, well, almost.

It was something Carla blogged about that woke me up from this self-pride.

Well - I know that Reformed Theology is the biblical truth. I have chewed on it, I have experienced it, I live it and am more than convinced. But it does not make any difference in the way others remain Armenian or Charismatic or Catholic - as long as Grace is not given to them. No amount of arguments can change that, and no amount of context-correct verses. There will always be that one particular verse given in response that puts everything I may present into oblivion.
So what can I do to take me out of that pit? Clear cut is the best thing. Otherwise, the only person scarred will be ann_in_grace.

Those religious forums...Let's be honest - people do not go there to be loving... They go there to fight, to engage in verbal gymnastics, to outshout those thinking differently.

No more of this. Repenting and talking to really like-minded now.

3 comments:

Even So... said...

The household of faith has rooms where we feel safest and most nurtured, best to stay in there most of the time, indeed...

ann said...

Some people, those heard-headed like I, need to learn it the hard way...

Sista Cala said...

Christianity is loving. Religion is not.