Monday, April 02, 2007

Why the lack of knowledge? (1)


The latest "Dividing Line" is about dialoguing with Roman Catholics. And about some converts to Rome.
It makes me sad to listen about people who make decisions of life and death importance based on their ignorance. Every time I hear about another chap crossing the Tiber I wonder how much MEAT he used to 'eat' in his church.
Hats off for James White for his consistent efforts in fighting apostasy, cults and heresy.
Go and listen to this program.

Wherever I turn, I hear the same thing - to find a good reformed church is almost like winning a lottery ticket with a high prize. This is not a good simile, because God knows what He is doing and I believe He is putting the good churches precisely where they are needed, but the fact is the fact.
Looking for a sound doctrinal preaching and teaching may prove tedious and hopeless at times. Not everywhere, but in many places. I talked to a pastor of a reformed church in Poland (well, almost reformed, as he informed me). They are not many in this church. But they are bold enough to publish a magazine, a very good one, which then is almost impossible to find a distributor for - because its message is not tolerant enough and not politically correct enough. You may imagine that this kind of literature is not welcome in the country of late pope.
Lately I was thinking of contributing to a development of a local Christian bookstore, in a way of buying some books. Pretty much at the same time I listened to Gene Cook's comedy program on the Free Will Christian Bookstore (from the Narrow Mind's archives). But the reality was pretty much equal to the comical contents of Gene's prank.
Just go and take a look at the type of books they sell. Well, there was one with John Piper, not BY him, but no systematic theology, no John MacArthur, no R.C. Sproul... Who would need that, right?
Good old Amazon will have to do for me.
Tomorrow: the biblical view on the knowledge of God and doctrine.

No comments: