Thursday, April 05, 2007

Community of Love Crucified

Emerging Church? Heresies? Well, it is everywhere. The Roman Catholic Church enjoys the privilege of being so versatile and multifaceted, that it really does not take much effort for her to come with something "new" and attractive. In fact, this is old, but in a new package, extremely hip for young people seeking some solid food and purpose. I think Rick Warren would have much to find over there in terms of methods and means. Who knows, maybe they even use his ideas?

To Mary - Mother of Church
Today we bring to you the fruit of our hearts - the fruit we call Community of Love Crucified. We beseech you, Humble Servant, for the strength to be able to respond to our Lord for the gift He has offered us. Pray for us, help us become humble pilgrims spreading the Word of the Lord; help us bring Christ to this world, just like you; help us to offer Him in the temple just like you and to find him in the temple, just like you. Pray for us, so we can bare the Love Crucified - the same Love which lives in Jesus Christ, our Lord. Pray for us in the hour of our dying. Amen.



Easy! I have not lost my mind. I have only come across some recent developments within the Roman Catholic plethora of Poland. Click on the title to find out what I mean. You won't believe till you see it with your own eyes.
Neocatechumenal Way - if somebody is intrigued.

I find it repulsive, to say the least. It may be very convincing to a lukewarm Catholic seeking a revival within his religion, but from a Reformed perspective it is an abomination.
Pray, please, for my country. This is a country desperately needing God's mercy.

4 comments:

TheDen said...

Ann,

I'm trying to understand what the problem is with the Neocatechumenal way?

I guess I'm intrigued as to what exactly you're learning in the Reformed Churches that's so much better than Catholicism.

From what I can tell, you were not properly catechized in the Catholic Church and that's a shame. In that respect, I'm glad you found Christ in another Church. That, however doesn't mean that Christ is not in the Catholic Church.

I know you're a big fan of James White. I read his writings and then I read the Pope's writings and Dr. White's writings pale in comparison to JPII's.

I saw the video that you left in a previous post with Dr. White and it just makes me shake my head with sadness. His message doesn't bring people to Christ. It separates and divides. I guess in my little brain it's not making any sense.

ann said...

The problem with the N. is its cultish influence on the people. From what I heard first hand it is destructive, separating families, putting people into a dependency to some self-proclaimed gurus, very similar to JW's in the organizational way, taking away their freedoms, even to the extent of the financial property.
I am not interested in your musings about my training in the Catholic way. I cannot prove or disprove your accusations, but let me be the judge of my own understanding of things.
But this makes one wonder about the argument that is so frequent that it starts to be irritating - "no proper training, they made mistakes". Well, it seems there are awfully many mistakes made, don't you think? How often are your apologists going to use this argument in defence of the evident errors?
I really do not know what you mean by "pale" in respect to what the reformed theologians teach. Bible is not some mystical guide to spirituality, and it certainly can be comprehended by human mind regenerated by the Spirit. And the Bible does not teach about papacy, prayers to saints, indulgencies and purgatory, among other things. Bible does not teach about going and kissing the Koran, and it does not teach about endorsing pagan religions in the name of total tolerance. So whatever some self-proclaimed person in Rome says is valid as long as and only when it is in accord with the Bible. Because the Bible is the only inspired source of God's revelation that is provable to exist.

As to the reformed theology - it certainly brings people to Christ, stripping them from ALL illusions.

TheDen said...

Ann,

That's fine. I'm just wondering. In all the time you were Catholic, did you ever read ANY of Pope John Paul II's writings? Did you ever see what he said? They are ALL available on line and they are all beautifully written and for the most part easy to understand and deeply Scriptural.

I think from the way that you regard him that it's obvious you haven't.

ann said...

Den:
I am Polish, and at the time he got chosen pope I was 17. I worshipped the man. I was so proud of him on the account of my country. I lived in Poland at that time. He meant the world to us. But that is the problem - he, and not God.
Have I read his writings? Of course I have. Have I listened to his sermons? You bet. Wonderful humanism. It was tickling my ears, it was motivating my political beliefs, but it never penetrated my soul. Because the man did not preach the Gospel of Christ. He preached the gospel of Mary and of man.
You should see what is going on in Poland now - people pray to him on daily basis. And clergy approves.