Monday, April 30, 2007

Investigation


Say not, 'I have found the truth,' but rather, 'I have found a truth.
Kahlil Gibran

I subscribe to many RSS-feeds, and one of them brings me Motivational Quotations. Lately nothing there was worth mentioning, but this one made me jump in my chair.
The author was very popular in his time, a prophetical figure in literature, very often quoted and admired. I wonder... How much of relativism's growth can be ascribed to men like this one?

Look at some more quotations by him:

Every man loves two women;the one is the creation of his imagination and the other is not yet born.


God made Truth with many doors to welcome every believer who knocks on them.


Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof.


Faith is an oasis in the heart which will never be reached by the caravan of thinking.

I love you when you bow in your mosque, kneel in your temple, pray in your church. For you and I are sons of one religion, and it is the spirit.

Knowledge of the self is the mother of all knowledge. So it is incumbent on me to know my self, to know it completely, to know its minutiae, its characteristics, its subtleties, and its very atoms.

Trust in dreams, for in them is hidden the gate to eternity.

Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love.

You have your ideology and I have mine.

Hm...

And then there are his writings on Jesus:

Jesus the Son of Man
His words and His deeds as told and recorded by those who knew Him
(1928)

This is painful to read, but read we should, to know the subtleties of Enemy and the ways his disciples use to blurr the Truth of Bible.

No comments: