Friday, April 13, 2007

Thinking Blogger Awards



Sweet Mary of Home-Steeped Hope noticed my humble blog and listed it among her five picks. I thank you, Dear Friend, it was unexpected and kind. By the way, you are my pick, too, but since you already have the award, I will save your place for another blogger.

Indeed, five is such a small number... I would like to reward many more blogs, but it is an impossible task, and, many of them already have got the award.

Now, I am not very sure as how to do that, but here are my five picks, in no particular order:

1. Hackberry House, for taking up a subject of love and compassion for the people of North Korea. This pastor's heart is bleeding, and our hearts should be bleeding, too.

2. CampOnThis, of course, one of the most important blogs on my way to God. Steve Camp has passion, love, fire and knowledge - and a great talent with words and with music. He is a gift to all of us.

3. WOLNA MYŚL RELIGIJNA, a blog in Polish, always thoughtful and up-to-date, taking up the everyday apologetics against the Catholicism in Poland.

4. Where Is The Word Of The Lord?, a very important blog for me, dealing with deep analysis of biblical truths, debating catholic claims.

5. The Narrow Mind Aftermath, which is not so much to read, but to listen to, pastor Gene Cook makes me think all the time and develop my knowledge of God and Bible.

Congratulations, you won a !
Should you choose to participate, please make sure you pass this list of rules to the blogs you are tagging. I thought it would be appropriate to include them with the meme.
The participation rules are simple:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the ‘Thinking Blogger Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn’t fit your blog).

4 comments:

approvedworkman said...

Ann
I am honored. You are one of the very few who would acknowledge my studies as "deep analysis". I am glad that you do.
I enjoy your blog as it is a good place for those who think and meditate on the Word.
Your posts are very insightful and you are not afraid to confront.
I do join with you in your prayers for Poland, and the blindness caused by the RCC in that land.

bluebird said...

Ann,

I finally got a counter service that tells me who is visiting, and there you were. when i got to your site i realized you are the person who occasionally leaves comments at HH. THANKS! THEN I saw the "thinking blogger award" on your site and realized that the email i got recently was not spam after all. i am so sorry but you know how much junk comes through. i thought someone was trying to scam me. Tell me, whose property is this award? Did you think it up? Anyway, thanks for everything. (and could you send it again)

I notice further your comments about HH & NK & this "pastor". I don't know where I gave the impression, but I am not currently a pastor. I was ordained by a group in the 60's but they rescinded my ordination when they found I believed differently about them regarding "gifts".
One last thing: to whom can you refer a "complete idiot" (to use the book title) when it comes to blog promotion? I can't seem to get off the ground, but know I have something to say.

Blessings abundant!

Bob F

ann said...

approvedworkman,
Sometimes very lengthy and rich in words studies and dissertations miss the point, because the reader gets tired and loses interest in the middle of his reading. 'Deep' may mean right to the point. We know already so much about the errors of Rome, that sometimes it is necessary to cut the chase and come to the essentials.
Thank You for Your kind opinion about my blog. Indeed, I am not afraid of confrontation, it is my problem, at times, and something I suffer from, as well. But as long as it is for the defence of the Truth, I do not intend to soften on my positions. Sometimes it is good to lean back on your age and experience, and feel secure in not needing to prove anything to anybody anymore :)

bluebird,
About blog promoting strategies - if there are any, they are patience and time. The simplest thing is to visit other blogs and comment on them often, and hope for the response. It will come.

This award - no, it is not my invention, I got it from someone, and that someone got it from someone else - it is also a way of appreciating and promoting among brothers and sisters.
I may send the mail again - do not throw it away again :)
About being a pastor - I first discovered You at sermonaudio, and listened to many messages. They were different, interesting, loving and warm, and very humble.
I live in a country that is a spiritual desert. My small church is the only one with the expository preaching pastor in the whole southern Sweden - I guess another reason to believe in God's grace.
But before I was pointed to this church, I was alone and the only teaching I had were the sermons on-line, by various pastors.
You were one of them - You taught me, so I call You a pastor. Fair enough?

Anonymous said...

Beautifully said, Ann!