Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Love

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
(Joh 3:16-17)
It is such privilege - to be loved by God. The safety of this love is indescribable, yet certain and true, in every step of my life. A security never felt before, a conviction of things to come, of things promised and written, unfailing love of the Father.
It is not only knowledge. It is a part of my existence, experienced with every fiber of my being, helping me in the times of trial, in the times of hardship, in the times of sorrow. Always with me, covering me and keeping me safe.
I in them and you in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me. Father, I desire that they also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory that you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world. O righteous Father, even though the world does not know you, I know you, and these know that you have sent me. I made known to them your name, and I will continue to make it known, that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them."
(Joh 17:23-26)

No comments: