Wednesday, February 07, 2007

A gift


That little hand you take care of, your whole world in miniature
the smile on that little face, warming you up inside
those trusting eyes watching your every step
seeking your approval and love amidst the daily sorrows

Have you told him that you love him?
Have you hugged him this infinite number of warm hugs today?
Have you given him the chocolate cake he was dreaming of?
Have you...

My motherhood is a precious gift to me,
Do you also feel as if you had your heart on your shoulder?
Are you his whole world? Your hand around his?
Do you see yourself in his big blue eyes?
Ania Björk

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes! I need to get off here and deliver some hugs...that was a beautiful poem straight to my heart!

Thanks, Ann!

ann said...

Thank You, Mary. i am glad You liked it.
Maybe I should seriously consider a career change?


Noooooo ;)

Anonymous said...

Untapped talent...great poem.

ann said...

You girls make me blush :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, switch to writing! A great stay at home job! :O)