Saturday, February 24, 2007

Plain words of the Gospel

It has been a crazy week, for sure. Children with fever, snow storms, two days at work, and at last - a weekend to fall back and take it easy.

I listened to many podcasts, but the sermon about Christianity by Paul Washer made the greatest impression on me.
No, he does not say anything I had not known before. After all, the Gospel is THE GOSPEL, and I am starting to know my way around my Bible. But there is something very special with the conviction and faith he preaches it. Without the slightest shade of compromise, straight to the heart and mind, not wasting words and time, indeed piercing the soul with the Sword of the Spirit.
I do not need to write more - go and listen, just listen.

Rand over at A Form of Sound Words has got a collection of Paul Washer sermons. Look for them at his sidebar.
I first started to appreciate sermons when I discovered SermonAudio.com.


It is there I experienced the expository preaching first hand, and never have settled for less since. You need a specific sermon, topic, preacher? No problem.



Searching is very easy. And then take your Bible and listen.
Rom 10:15-18
(15) And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!"
(16) But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, "Lord, who has believed what he has heard from us?"
(17) So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.
(18) But I ask, have they not heard? Indeed they have, for "Their voice has gone out to all the earth, and their words to the ends of the world."

No comments: