Thursday, December 14, 2006

Blogging in Grace


I want to make this place special. Special to me and to You who come here and read what I write. This is an ongoing project of Grace in my life, and as such needs to be looked after and improved constantly.
What has changed recently? Well, if You take a look at my sidebar, the
blogroll you see there is not just the popular list of blogs. It used to be one, but I decided to spice it up a bit. This change has been in my plans for a long time, but I had no idea how to do it, and the reason was that I simply did not know what to look for. I knew what I wanted, though - a live update on the blogs in my blogroll, an rss-feed consisting of links from other blogs on my blog.
I proudly am announcing that I made it :)
Do You want to know how?
Feed2JS is the solution. There are many others on line, much more fancy and cool, but I used this one and it
works well. And look at the results!
Now I can easily see whether my favorite
bloggers have written new posts recently.

What else do I use? A decent
rss-reader is a must, and since I got stuck on Google Tools, I would like to recommend their Reader. Good tool, simple and easy, and provides still another possibility - to link to the articles that I read from my blog. This list is called Shared Articles and is to be found on my sidebar, as well.
Enjoy and let me know if my humble discoveries were of some use for You :)

1 comment:

ann said...

Well, it did not work so well. Scripts depending on other servers are not so good, eventually...