Wednesday, December 06, 2006

A tiny insight into how He feels


To be a parent gives you a perspective on life you never had before. Everything is changed and the focus gets shifted from "me" to the child, and then the next children. Somebody has even called this as
"constantly living with your heart outside you". I like this expression. Kind of makes you soft...

Now this brought me to thinking about God and His relationship with His creation, and with us. We call Him Our Father, and though it is impossible to picture Him in our human way and understanding, yet we know that He created us in His own image, so we should have some common features, starting from those attributed to parenting.

I really love my children and would give my life for them. So does God...
I grieve when they are disobedient, but I forgive them. So does God...
I must discipline them sometimes, to learn them a lesson. So does God...
I show them how to live, how not to make mistakes, how to be a part of a community. So does God...

They look up to me and my decisions, because they know that what I do is for their good. So do we towards God...
They grow in understanding and respect, sometimes reluctantly, but continually. So do we towards God...
They give witness of my personality and my methods - in the way they are towards others. So do we give witness of God and His working in us...
If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!
(Mat 7:11)


P.S.
A reminder: go to my map and mark your existence there :)

No comments: