Friday, December 22, 2006

An observation of a Reformed Christian

I have, thanks to God's guidance and mercy, found the sound and clear doctrinal way to His Truth. It took me only a few months to grasp the basic notions and avoid the pitfalls of deception. The more I listen, read and learn, the more convinced I become of God's unmistaken providence in bringing me to Him. To the right faith, to the right church, to life.
At the same time I watch with shock how many various denominations and churches falter and fall away from the Word of God. The best place to read about it is Slice of Laodicea.

This observation makes me tremble with even greater thankfulness for God's unveiled wisdom towards many. I can hardly believe that my insignificant being was noticed and saved...
Somebody once said this about salvation and the effects of amazement it produces:
"you are saved; get over it and go on now as a Christian".
Although I agree with the latter part of this statement, the 'get-over-it' part seems impossible to me. I do not think I will ever be able to get over it.
Someone might ask: so how can a person know which church to choose, which way to go, in order not to make a mistake? Well, a person cannot know, and as long as a person depends on himself, things will not work out right. But:
But Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
(Mat 19:26)

Therein lies my answer and my certainty.
As to my embracing Doctrines of Grace - I believe I wrote about it in my testimony...

No comments: