Friday, March 30, 2007

Does it really matter what I believe?

This is the question pastor Ken Silva of Apprising Ministries puts forward and answers in detail.

"What Difference Does It Make What Someone Believes?

How many times have you ever heard comments like these: “My friend is a really nice person. He’s got his religion and I’ve got mine. Does it really matter what we believe about God as long as we believe in Him?” How about –“Oh sure; I believe in God but I don’t like churches so I just worship in my own way. What difference does it make?” Or maybe this one – “Yeah, I’m a Christian, and I go to church every week, does it really matter what I believe?”

As I have talked with people concerning their views about God, a question like this will often arise during our conversation. Frankly, these actual comments do quite nicely represent the prevailing philosophies of these crazy times. It sure isn’t hard to see that Americans are a bit of an independent lot aren’t we? But the truth is, as much as we might not want to hear it, your opinion and my opinion–though as free moral agents we are certainly entitled to have them–our opinions really don’t mean much when it comes to what to believe about God. As the Christian should already know, the fact is, that mankind has a fallen and corrupt human nature due to sin. And no matter what we believe on our own, or even how hard we might try, we simply cannot know God by our own efforts."

Read on...

1 comment:

ann said...

Amidst the ecumenical call for tolerance and universal approach I find the clear statement of what we believe a very important one.
Thank You for not getting angry that I used it without Your permission :)