Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The Beauty of Seasons and Security of Faith

Winter has come to us, finally everything around us is white and cold, as it was supposed to be, only one month later than it should. Children's faces shine with joy as they use every opportunity to roll in snow and build snowmen, and we, grown-ups, although somewhat weary of frozen car doors and heaps of snow to be moved away, enjoy watching children play.

God-ordained climate, sometimes cold, sometimes hot, presenting itself with a variety of colors, temperatures, landscapes and moods, varying the length of days and nights, making us adapt to the circle of the year, always returning, always the same, only we are getting older, more careful, more cautious, less spontaneous...

I was thinking about us expecting things to be as usual, like the winter being winter, and summer being summer, like it is meant to be. And I was comparing it to the unchangeable nature of God, to His giving to us the solid Rock of Salvation and Faith, and to the fact that we may always be assured in our glorious future, even if the season of it takes its time to come upon us.

And in the same way that I was certain that the winter would come eventually, my assurance in God's Promise is million times stronger.
He will come. And I will be waiting, still having the fire of my first love in my heart.

No comments: