Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Some reflections

I think that the first rough period of my walk with God is coming to an end, and what I see before me is a somewhat quieter path of learning and listening to what He has to say to me through His Word. I am finally able to define my beliefs without stuttering and scratching my head, and I am standing fast on the Word.

This first period was not calm. Given my character of a rebel and people's presupposed ideas of Christianity, I have had quite a number of clashes and fiery discussions here and there. This is over now, well, almost over, because you never know who you are going to meet on your way.

Sometimes I envy those people who were born into the Truth and did not have to struggle in order to get to it... Everything seems so well ordained in their lives, and they know exactly what to quote and what verse says what. They have been fed it all their lives long.
For me all that is new, fascinating and wonderful, but still difficult in terms of memory, intellect, learning, and, most of all, the amount of time I can physically devote to the studies. With God's help I learn fast, though. And I need any prayer help I can ask for, so that this ease of learning does not leave me...

I still do not know what my future is going to bring to me. For now, everything is upside down, the old values meaningless, the new ones very important, but making my old ones impossible to hold, thanks to the Lord's protection I feel safe and whole, but compelled to make some essential choices soon.

Work... The fulfillment and joy I had in it is fogged gravely, because the values I am obliged to convey there are not mine anymore, and my conscience suffers terribly because of that. I am a teacher and an educator, supposed to lead young people into the modern world, in a country that prides itself to be very modern, or PoMo even, and here I have a huge clash with my Christian worldview.
Lots and lots of prayer topics for me...

I consider myself, in the midst of all that, a very, very fortunate sinner :)
Psa 1:1-6
(1) Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers;
(2) but his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night.
(3) He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers.
(4) The wicked are not so, but are like chaff that the wind drives away.
(5) Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous;
(6) for the LORD knows the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish.

3 comments:

SunnySusan said...

I just started reading your blog.,,How long have you been a Christian....

Kim said...

One thing about being brought up in a Christian home, despite it being a great privilege, is that some Christians young people become very complacent about it. Many of them take it for granted.

I see it in our youth group regularly.

ann said...

Sunnysusan, nice to see you :)
How long? From before the foundations of the world were laid, He knew me...
And He saved me last summer.

Kim, you are definitely right. This human nature, never satisfied with what it has got...