Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Who is going to take care of your contact with GOD?


Long time ago in a far away country... Yes, the beginning like that is often attributed to a fairy tale, but here I mean my life on this planet. So: a long time ago I was a Catholic. Everybody else I knew was a Catholic. I never heard of anything else.

No questions emerging, no questions asked.

Go to church on Sunday, spend one hour doing some extremely boring things, standing up, because there were not enough chairs for us, children - imagine looking forward to this kind of morning!

During the week - attending the church for religion class - honestly, I was doing this during the period of 12 years, and have no memory whatsoever what we were taught there. It was boring, so much I know. I recall some more vivid periods, like the year when we were getting prepared for the First Communion, but it mostly consisted of talking about the anticipated presents and beautiful gowns we were going to wear. There were some prayers we had to memorize, and some rules, but other than that - not much. And lots of rehearsals in the church, to make it look nice and well organized. I was only nine, so my memory fails me on this. The big scare was the first confession, and I remember making lists of all my sins, and being very afraid in case I would forget any. This was, in fact, the very first "to do" thing I stopped doing as soon as I gave myself permission.

I do not consider myself a stupid person, but, believe me, there was no spiritual growth in my Catholicism. And none in the people's I knew, either. We performed the rituals, listened to priests, kept the traditions, stood silently in the church on Sundays, sang boring songs, and nobody told us the reason why all this was important, apart from assuming that we knew. This was the way of life, a natural part of a bigger picture, as opposed to the atheistic teachings at school (a communist country).

We did our part, and the clergy did their part, and we assumed that they would also take care of our souls. We were the passive users of the religion of works. Sounds heart-breaking to me now, but this was the way. The priest knew best, and we wanted to believe it, because we had other stuff to do, like studies, friends and relationships. They were paid to take care of us, right? So this is how it works, even now, because I still keep in touch with people living according to this way.

God is not their priority, and to learn about Him is not important, because the clergy is supposed to explain everything. The Bible is not a book you read and study, and even if you own one, you do not touch it very often. There is no need; your duty is to go to church every Sunday and to go to confession once a month. The rest is up to your priest.

If you have doubts, you brush them away with apparitions, wonders and papal visits. Wonderful stuff... not...

So think now for a moment: you have this kind of a Catholic in front of you, totally depending on a priest, indoctrinated with the teachings of men, afraid to even think on his own, and you talk to him about the Real Living God. And about the personal relationship with Our Saviour and Creator. This poor person has no idea what you are talking about, unless the Grace of God opens his eyes... The idea of leaving the organisation is spooky, the notion of making God the priority - impossible. And still, there is no other way.

Please, God, open their eyes, make them see, move their hearts, make them feel, touch their minds, make them understand, that only You are God. In the name of Jesus, Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have left organization. God confirmed it as a true freedom in Him with signs just as he confirmed it for Israel leaving bondage of Egypt. Not too long after that the whole hell broke loose…
But once it is given to us to know the truth and its freedom it is impossible to go back…
No spitting back the red pill…

Morpheus:” "I imagine that right now you're feeling a bit like Alice…tumbling down the rabbit hole? I can see it in your eyes. You have the look of a man who accepts what he sees because he's expecting to wake up. Ironically, this is not far from the truth. Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain. But you feel it. You've felt it your entire life. That there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there. Like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me. Do you know what I'm talking about?"

Neo: "The Matrix?"

Morpheus:” "Do you want to know what it is? The matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work, when you go to church, when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth."

Neo: "What truth?"
Morpheus: "That you are a slave, Neo. Like everyone else you were born into bondage, born into a prison that you cannot smell or taste or touch. A prison for your mind.” Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself.” This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill. The story ends. You wake up in your bed and believe…whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill. You stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.” Remember. All I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more."

Matrix. 1999 movie

Keep me in your prayers...

ann said...

I have seen all three movies prior to my salvation. I will have to watch them again...
You are always in my prayers, Mil.
Come back to that place we met, I and W. need You, the place is crawling with the servants of Satan.