Friday, January 26, 2007

Potpourri


It is not that I do not have a subject to write about; rather, I need to quiet down and relax after a hard week at work, with all the obligations, early mornings, duties at home, you name it.

So a short summary of the week is in place.
This week I made two new friendships - hello Brian and Donna :)
It is so uplifting to be able to communicate with like-minded Christians and be loved just for who you are. Thank You, guys! I hope to develop these contacts.
One other person, who was becoming a friend, stopped blogging, and I hope that he will reconsider, or at least think about it. I miss You, J.

I had some more or less boiling discussions with several Catholics on line, and the outcome of those is always the same, something in the style of Challies' impressions after talking to JW's...
Tim Challies
writes: "Talking to these people is about as much fun as beating your head against the wall". Yes, that is exactly true. Presented with the obvious truth, they turn it around, and then accuse you of boasting. Masters of dialectics.

Children have been good, for the most part. The older son forgot that he had ski trousers with him and ended up wandering without them outside
at school yesterday (this boy is going to forget his head one day).
The younger one says he is a baby, but is finally learning to speak and a very heavy stone of worries was removed from the mother's heart. He is 4 years old.

After a good fight with my computer and my new iPod, this week was very much about listening to podcasts and music via the THING. My ears feel a bit bashed due to the size of the earphones (I will have to buy some other ones, much softer type), but the overall impression is great. Sound is very good, in fact, much better than the conventional equipment in our house can provide(and I cannot complain about that), and the convenience of being able to listen to what I want, whenever, and wherever I want, is enormous. The only disadvantage is the price tag... Oh, and I really should not be listening to "Mercy in the Wilderness" while driving, because it is hard to see the motorway through the tears...

It was a good week in the Lord.
Psa 146:1-10
(1) Praise the LORD! Praise the LORD, O my soul!
(2) I will praise the LORD as long as I live; I will sing praises to my God while I have my being.
(3) Put not your trust in princes, in a son of man, in whom there is no salvation.
(4) When his breath departs he returns to the earth; on that very day his plans perish.
(5) Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the LORD his God,
(6) who made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, who keeps faith forever;
(7) who executes justice for the oppressed, who gives food to the hungry. The LORD sets the prisoners free;
(8) the LORD opens the eyes of the blind. The LORD lifts up those who are bowed down; the LORD loves the righteous.
(9) The LORD watches over the sojourners; he upholds the widow and the fatherless, but the way of the wicked he brings to ruin.
(10) The LORD will reign forever, your God, O Zion, to all generations. Praise the LORD!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It has been a great pleasure and blessing "meeting" you as well! I love your strong steady voice of conviction concerning our LORD and His word.

I thought it was funny what you said about seeing to drive through the tears, as I frequently am faced with the same situation. My daughter is constantly getting on me for crying while driving, haha. I guess it's a good thing, eh?

...the LORD opens the eyes of the blind. The LORD lifts up those who are bowed down; the LORD loves the righteous. Thank you LORD!

I pray you have a wonderful weekend :)

Anonymous said...

Ann, I loved this glimpse into your week...thanks for sharing it...