Thursday, January 18, 2007

Feministic Tragicomedy


No, not mine. Observed at work. Thank goodness, I can now be simply a viewer of this, and not a participant :).

How was it, then, before? You know, all those ideas were extremely appealing... Equality, justice, all those allegedly dreadful men who were made responsible for all the evil in the world... Violence, war and famine - take your pick, if something was evil, it was of men. Wow, to be a woman meant to be good, right? Women have children, women are kind - no, wait... they cannot be kind if they want to take over. Make them rough, make them fighters, make them men-like to fight men.

What? Men-like? Actually, yes, if you want to take away the womanhood from her, make her a man - or make her sexless. Any of these two options, just see to it that she is no longer a woman.

Practically? Put her into a workplace. Give her husband less money and force her to share the burden of a pay check. Tell her that it is good to work outside her home. Convince her that an institution can do a far better job of raising her children than she would ever be able to; they have the proper education, right? She should not waste her talents on changing diapers!

Promote lesbians. That is a good one! Promote sexual plurality, tell her that she does not need a man to confirm her value. Or, that she may have as may men as she pleases, in various configurations. Because this old mouldy Christian family model is far too depressing.

Do not be fooled by all those sex-symbols you encounter everywhere. These are not for women - these are for men, to make them more dependent on the women, and to reduce them into sex-driven animals.

There are some minor details that mess up things. Take breastfeeding, for instance. But, good people invented a bottle, good uncle industry invented a formula, and good aunt feminism invented the parental equality of staying at home with their children. She shares this precious time with the baby's father, and the more equally, the better. In case you do not grasp it: in Sweden the parents have a number of parental care days to take, and there are many feminists who demand this number to be equally divided between the parents.

(I do not object to fathers spending time with their children, but taking it to absurdity is just plain mad.)

The serious picture is this: feminism took the power from men, took their God-given authority, and is now left with a very frustrated society of people who do not know who they are and what their roles ought to be. Anything goes, but it goes to Hell, literally speaking.

There is a way, a narrow one, a hard one, a way back to the basics, a way to God, but walking this way means 'good-bye' to feminism and 'hello' to womanhood. The biblical womanhood. This is the only option. Are women womanly enough to choose it? Still?

By the way: take a closer look at this blog - it is worth it: titus2talk.

7 comments:

Brian said...

It is wonderful to read your perspective on these issues. I think it is kind of odd (yet predictable) that creating an "ism" from feminine would so pervert femininity and womanhood to the extent that we can see it has today. I hope you write more to this topic.

ann said...

Thank You, Brian. I might feel tempted to write more. There is so much inspiration for this kind of topic here in Sweden, that - yeah - I might...

Kim said...

Have you read the book The Feminist Mistake? In one of the chapters, the author discusses how some feminists in the 60s felt that lesbianism was the only true expression of feminism.

ann said...

Hello, Kim :)
No, I haven't. In fact, I used to be into gender studies, You know, before...
But it seems that this stuff is pretty obvious, or that I am being particularly clever today :)
Either way, the more I think about feministic movement and observe its fruits, the more I despise it.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, I forgot to ask something!
Was your conversion to Christianity a huge death to feminism in your own life? If so, and if your country is so strongly feminist, what does your husband think of this aspect of your Christianity. I know he doesn't believe. I'm just curious, if you don't mind sharing.

And a comment on the parental care days...when my kids are sick they want mommy. They LOVE their daddy, but I can't imagine how hard that would be on everyone all around if they wanted me, but I'd run out of days off and they had to "settle" for dad.

As a kid I was the same way...wanted my mom's touch. She was the one with the great bedside manner! :O)

Anonymous said...

Good post. I hate to see it continue to get worse. Here in America there's talk of drafting girls/women but they say they'd have to win the public to the idea first. Whew. That will buy us a bit of time, but probably will still affect my daughters someday. Thanks so much feminists, your searching for freedom and equality is now going to reap in the life of my daughter(s). And my grandchildren whose mom's might have to work to survive the economy.

Sorry, I kind of went off there.

I'm going to go to the titus2blog you linked, thanks for this post!

(PS, I posted this one first, but didn't realize it had come up again for verification when I posted the one above! Blogger and their spam catchers...just teasing ya!)

ann said...

Mary, yes, it was. It was like a blow in the head - to understand and, earnestly speaking, to be rid of the load! I would have never expected the relief that came afterwards :)
My husband is relieved, too, I guess he felt intimidated, but, kind person as he is, was coping with it. Now he says that this is a good thing about it.