Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Autumn


Or Fall. Whatever. I use British English, this is what I studied for my major, and sometimes I do not want to confuse my knowledge :-)

I know, a hopeless dream, now that so much English comes from across the ocean...
Anyway, autumn is here, incredibly mild and summer-like this year, letting me wear my summer shoes and clothes, letting us enjoy the warmth of the sun, mushrooms in the forest, family walks around our local lake (the one in the picture is not the one I write about).

I like autumn, its calm and peace, soft colors and richness of gifts in nature. It is not as demanding as summer, when you
have to enjoy your holidays, not as expecting as spring, when everybody is longing for adventure of summer, and not so harsh as winter, and believe me - winters here are winter-y.

This autumn calmness is in my soul, too, this year incomparably greater than all my previous years. All the storms of my life are over, all the winds have gone away, and what is instead is the certainty of Grace, and the crucible of It is my home now.
And they came to him, and awoke him, saying, Master, master, we perish. Then he arose, and rebuked the wind and the raging of the water: and they ceased, and there was a calm. (Luk 8:24)

No comments: