Friday, September 29, 2006

Just believe and do not be afraid

Be not unequally yoked with unbelievers: for what fellowship have righteousness and iniquity? or what communion hath light with darkness? (2Co 6:14)
What does it mean to put your trust in Christ? If you think it will be easy, you are deadly wrong. If you think you will meet understanding and admiration - you'd better think again. If you expect people to partake in the Truth with you - don't.
Jesus meant what He said:
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man would come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever would save his life shall lose it: and whosoever shall lose his life for my sake shall find it. (Mat 16:24-25)

I think many people take those words lightly. When you look at the churches today, you do not see the fire in them, but rather some lukewarm pretence. People profess with their lips, but not with their hearts. 'Just in case' - seems to be the fashionable approach. In fact - it has always been so.
As soon as they notice that you become serious about God, they start accusing you of being strange, becoming sectarian, fundamentalistic, hating your family, they also start throwing ungrounded accusations towards your brothers and sisters in Christ, they are full of selfrighteousness and pride over their goodness, they start talking much and quickly and they finally get very angry with you. The closer your relationship with them is, the more angry they become.
Being therefore justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ; through whom also we have had our access by faith into this grace wherein we stand; and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only so, but we also rejoice in our tribulations: knowing that tribulation worketh stedfastness; and stedfastness, approvedness; and approvedness, hope: and hope putteth not to shame; because the love of God hath been shed abroad in our hearts through the Holy Spirit which was given unto us. (Rom 5:1-5)

Endure. Do not give in. Pray and believe. Seek support of other Christians. Do not believe in accusations of being lacking in love, of not being tolerant, of being selfish. Put your trust in Jesus and His words of Promise.
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. (Joh 10:27-29)

No comments: