Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I have overcome the world


These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
(Joh 16:33)

Every time I read these words I feel peace and tranquility. Sometimes we forget those precious promises, and consider ourselves abandoned and forgotten. Sometimes it is not at all easy to carry His cross, although I believe and love, but it hurts and makes me weak. And then these words come to my mind, to strenghten me in my faith, to show me the way and Light.

I knew that problems and troubles would come. But I was not prepared as well as I should be. Is anybody, ever?

I reckon we have to meet the challenges as they come, and deal with them on every day basis, one by one, seeking Lord's help and trusting His assurance. There is no other way. There cannot be any other way. We must fall in love with this way, the way that makes us holy and pure, the narrow way to Heaven.

After all - what are all those problems in comparison to Christ's sufferings for us?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too attend a Bible Baptist Church-- but somehow I don't think it's the same one!

Good comments on that passage. I think that we as Christians should be ready for things to not go our way much more than we should expect the easy life. I think that if we saw what's going on around us (the spiritual battle) we'd be much more aware of the consequences of our actions and we would get our priorities in order.

We'd also probably be scared to leave the house! Praise God that He is in control and that He has had the victory!

ann said...

You are so right. And just imagine that most people have bought this perfect lie of Satan - that he does not exist...
They do not see any reason to fight something that IS NOT. How wrong they are...