Friday, September 08, 2006

So called science

I was raised in an immense respect for Knowledge. This respect meant everything to my parents, who, being poor, wanted to provide me with the only wealth they knew worked - knowledge.
I embraced the idea from the very start, fortunately for them, and always enjoyed studying, at each level of my education. There were some subjects I struggled with, but overall I did well and made my folks proud.
I remember until this day all those quirky biological terms describing geological strata, and I remember (today with a slight terror), how wonderfully logical all that seemed to be. Evolution, well, why not? If science says that things are so, then the things are so, right?
I was born in a Roman-Catholic family, in a very Roman-Catholic country, the country of the late JPII. It tells one a lot. We were taught religion weekly, in my times in church, today they do it in public schools. But there was never a time when a priest objected to evolution. They either did not mention it, or just ignored it somehow (take a pick).
God rescued me using my drive for knowledge. He always uses the best tool possible, yet specifically fit for each and every one of us. He led me to a complete reevaluation of my concepts and views, pointing to creation science and helping me to understand the folly of evolutionary religion.
I would like to recommend some great sites on the subject:

There are many, many more, but it is very nourishing to start from those mentioned above :)

To be a Christian means to know Your God and His works, his Creation, it also means to be able to defend this knowledge scientifically. Contemporary Christian is being attacked daily by wordly philosophy of atheism, by daily scientific discoveries denying the existence of God, by daily hardships imposing on him the idea that God cannot be real, because a real God would not allow so much evil. There you have it. And if you cannot stand firmly in your faith, you may fall...
This is no universal recipe, just my own one :)

Give me now wisdom and knowledge, that I may go out and come in before this people: for who can judge this thy people, that is so great?
(2Ch 1:10)
And God said to Solomon, Because this was in thine heart, and thou hast not asked riches, wealth, or honor, nor the life of thine enemies, neither yet hast asked long life; but hast asked wisdom and knowledge for thyself, that thou mayest judge my people, over whom I have made thee king: Wisdom and knowledge is granted unto thee; and I will give thee riches, and wealth, and honor, such as none of the kings have had that have been before thee, neither shall there any after thee have the like.
(2Ch 1:11-12)
I will fetch my knowledge from afar, and will ascribe righteousness to my Maker.
(Job 36:3)
For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.
(Pro 2:6)

No comments: