Monday, September 11, 2006

Tidy

First was the table in the dining room. We had no idea we had a table there, under all the things put there "just for a while". It is a beautiful oak piece of furniture, with six accompanying chairs, leather and all.
Number two was the kitchen table. I do not know about others, but we tend to put all paper stuff there - newspapers, magazines, ads, whatever comes home. For a while we manage to keep it under control, but it always ends in chaos. Well, suffice to say, it also is a fine table, when not covered with things...
How is it with us? Do we also pile things up in our minds, covering the core of being, until we cannot see what is underneath?
It is so easy to give in, to waver, to step aside "just this once". Trials come like never before; when I heard people talking of trials, I hardly believed in what they were saying; now I know better. And the things that hurt most are not necessarily the things that weigh most. Sometimes one tiny remark, put into the very soft spot, hurts like nothing else. Especially if it comes from people that are supposed to be closest to you.
To pray is to ask for cleanness of life and soul.
Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.
(Jam 1:27)

Powerful words. I trust in Lord to be able to follow this route. Always, in all my days that I still have. I have wasted enough of them, a lot too many.
Have a good night :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love posts like this...that take everyday things and find some spiritual sideline or word picture that really gets to your heart!

I'm a real stickler for keeping the table cleaned off...I just love having a centerpiece, etc. But, long sigh, ;O), when homeschooling, ya just can't always have it magazine perfect! So at suppertime, you'll find me sifting through the day's worksheets, crafts, mail, and once sorted, inevitably there's still a stack to be "shelved" on the counter so we can get on with the meal.

Kinda like shelving those "convictions" that we aren't ready to deal with, huh. We want to be tidy, that's our true desire, but so often we don't truly deal with the mess once and for all.

Thanks for posting this.