Thursday, September 14, 2006

Lessons in Science -

- or Creationism vs Darwinism. The idea of NOT looking for truth in God-denying science may seem crazy for many. We are so used to our school science lessons, to our school books, to the fancy films about a primitive ape becoming a less primitive ape becoming an even less primitive ape... - that we eventually cannot imagine anything else. Many so called Christian religions are perfectly happy with evolution. I am seldom surprised nowadays, I guess it comes with the territory of getting older, having seen much, being beaten by circumstances, etc. But this blows my mind - when I ask a so called Christian (Roman Catholic), whether he can see a contradiction between evolution and his beliefs, and his answer is 'no, why should there be any?'

Yet the more objectivity and clear mind is applied, the more clear picture is perceived. Take the facts, analyze them without stating whether a Deity is in working or not, and then decide on your conclusions. This is the way true science should operate. But this is exactly the way the God-denying science does not.

Know your Bible, Christian - I was told of many. This is absolutely essential, as it has always been. But it is not enough if I want to talk to people about God. The battle f
or souls is no longer fought between different religious views, but rather among various ideas of the origin of the Universe, many of them atheistic, quite firmly based upon this deceiving scientific 'objectivity' that I call God-denying one.
I may be naive, but I hope that by showing the absurdness of evolution and even a slight possibility of creation some souls can be won for Christ. Why do I think so? Because, in a way, this was my way, so there is something I can prove works :)
But for this approach we need to educate ourselves, to know the facts, to know not only scientific facts, but also how the other side operates and thinks. It is a humongous load of work. Worth trying, exciting, time-consuming. Profitable. Good for you. Go for it :-)


For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else. (Isa 45:18)


No comments: