Saturday, September 09, 2006

People - Places - Powers

Crazy days in Sweden.
Parliamentary election next Sunday, all the major parties trying to outrun one another, not stopping at dishonest deals, ultimately bringing mistrust and lack of interest of potential supporters. The more scandalous, the better, it seems.
People are tired of it. Nobody wants to talk politics any more. Even at my work, where political awareness is a vital part of school curriculum, one can sense some air of forced issues.
Disillusion Big Time.
Interesting, considering Sweden is an exemplary democracy of the people for the people. How did it come to this? What happened to those lofty ideals of Folkhemmet? This is not my cup of tea, but anyway, my children will live here, and it makes me sad.

I read Rom 13:1,2. In a sense, it gives some peace of mind, and takes the burden of deciding off my shoulders. Do not misunderstand me - in my view a citizen should be aware of what is going on and who is going to represent him - but, in the end, it is God's eternal plan that counts.
And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.
(Isa 42:16)

No comments: