Tuesday, October 17, 2006

50

This is not much. Just 50 posts.
But anyway, I am sort of proud of myself, being able to keep this commitment and writing every day. New kind of discipline, something I used to do when I was younger and had much more time at hand, only I did not know it.
Why do people write, anyway? One could suppose that all has been written already, but yet there are still new novels and books of poetry coming and it never ends.
I live in a country that prides itself with Nobel Prize in Literature, choosing a splendid author each year and pampering him or her in December, with parties, receptions, speeches and gifts. This is a country where people love to read books, or, at least, loved to read books, pre-computer era, so to speak. Nowadays the picture is somewhat different, but still many do read.

Why do I write? Here? To express the new me, the one nobody knows, really, the one that came to be this year, by the Grace of God. It is hard to be silent about it. Especially when the people close to you are overwhelmed and do not wish to listen again and again.

This joy bubbles inside of me and seeks the way to be shown. So this is a good place to start, when you are a computer freak and a loner privately. I set my next goal - next 50 posts. In 49 days.

For Him.
Isa 66:5 Hear the word of the LORD, ye that tremble at his word; Your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for my name's sake, said, Let the LORD be glorified: but he shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed.
Luk 8:13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.
1Th 1:6 And ye became followers of us, and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Ghost.

No comments: