Monday, October 02, 2006

The relativity of time

No, it is not about the relativity theory by Albert Einstein. This is about the relativity theory by ann_in_grace. My relativity theory is much more complicated than the first one mentioned, though I cannot present any mathematical formula for it.
This is the simple relativity of time for a full-time working mother and wife :)
I discovered that the more I have to do, the more gets done, and the same is true for the opposite, regretfully. The less I sleep, the better my life is organized - until I collapse on a Saturday afternoon...

But seriously now:
Time is a strange monster. Impossible to tame, impossible to time, surrounds us and accompanies us from the womb to the grave. How much time do you have, how much time do you use for this, for that, how much time do you waste, how much time do you kill...
How much time would you like to have?
This last question is dangerous. How much is too much? What we want is endless, healthy, happy and fulfilled, yet what we get is limited, burdened with illnesses, miserable and unsatisfying. Why are we gifted with dreams about endless, healthy, happy and fulfilled? Is it possible that those dreams can be real?
Of course not - is the answer given by a humanist/evolutionist/atheist. You are born and you die, that's all that is to it. Use the time given to you the best you can, make yourself happy and accept the inevitable with dignity. You are a product of an incredibly rare chain of coincidences, but still there is no deeper sense to your existence.
Would you be satisfied with this answer? I would not...
In my relativity theory there is this earthly time, limited and enclosed between my birth and my death, and then there is the eternal time with God, the very endless, healthy, happy and fulfilled.
In fact, this earthly time is but a second compared to this eternal time. Makes one willing to wait, right?
So Christian, do not be afraid. You have plenty of time ahead of you. Whole eternity in the Glory of Your Savior.

And the formula is: By Grace through Faith, not by works.

Praise The Lord.
Remember how short my time is: wherefore hast thou made all men in vain? What man is he that liveth, and shall not see death? shall he deliver his soul from the hand of the grave? Selah. (Psa 89:47-48)

No comments: