Friday, October 27, 2006

What is really important

Even if you are not born with this question on your lips, you live with it every day until the day you die ... or ... until the day you find the answer, or you think you have found it.
And then there always seems to be a problem, because some day you realize that what you considered an answer was just another question. And you start over, and over, and over
...

How many times have you started this journey? I myself do not dare to count. Sometimes it was a person, sometimes an idea, other times a job, once or twice an educational path, two times my children, once a human authority - and I was always spiraling back to the beginning, richer in experience, poorer in time and strength to try again.
Lost in quest, more and more disillusioned, less and less hopeful. Liv
ing an ordinary life, trying my best, rejecting any thought of being wrong, yet being wrong all the time.

Am I making any sense here?

I guess you just have to live through certain things to finally understand the awkwardness and absurdity of it all. Some people need a short time, some need looooooong time, and some still never manage. Sad but true.

So what is really important? Are you ready? It is not you at all. It is God's relationship with you, and your taking him as your Savior and Your Lord, for every single hour of the rest of your life. The sooner you do that, the better for you. This is so simple. No human philosophy, no human psychology, no human science or understanding can do what God does. And it is not only the question of Heaven, life and death, but also these small steps of faith leading you towards sanctification and spiritual growth, towards people walking the same path, towards real freedom and towards a rich and fulfilled life of obedience and love of God.
I am not very theological now, just personal and simple. Forgive me if I made some doctrinal mistake (I hope I did not). Write me if I did. Comments are always welcome.
But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever. Amen.
(2Pe 3:18)


2 comments:

Rand said...

"I am not very theological now, just personal and simple."

Dearest friend,

Let me encourage you to become a "very theological" saint. The Lord Jesus Christ said:

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. (John 17:3)

Knowing doctrine, that is, knowing the teachings of Scripture are essential to any saint. Lacking in this only creates deceived sinners (sinners who think they are saved), or weak saints. Neither, ultimately glorify God.

Don't worry though, your post was sound, as far as I can see. Just don't be a child who is "tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness" (Ephesians 4:14). Seek the Word. Study the Word. Read the volumes upon volumes of books that holy men of God have written about the Word.

This is ETERNAL LIFE.

Take care and God bless you,

Rand

ann said...

Thank You, Rand. There is nothing else I desire nowadays than to learn about God and to study his Word. And I am on it. Believe me. But I am a baby Christian, saved only this last June... Have patience with me.
Have You seen what is on my reading list now? Gospel according to Jesus - I guess I am on the right track.
I hope You feel better now.
Take care You too