Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Every Day in Grace


Every Day in Grace
I have not explained the title of this place, I suppose I should for those who come by and wonder.
The origin of this title was taken from the obvious - Doctrines of Grace, as confessed and professed by Christians who are otherwise called Calvinists.
I think it is very unnecessary to label the believers of the True Gospel, even more so if the label is to be referred to a person and his name, and even more so when the doctrines were formalized many years after this person's death. But done is done, and let it be so, maybe there is a purpose in it - to make people alert and aware still more?
I find it sad that not all Christians take those doctrines as they are - true and real, the only possible logical and deep way of understanding everything and truly humbling oneself. It takes a leap of courage and readiness to do that. It does not come as the first possible solution or the first answer to this primary question: "Why, God? Why me? Why now? Is it really time and place?" Kicking and screaming I asked these questions, until I read about TULIP. Then I stopped kicking and screaming. It took me some time...

It is quite symptomatic, in my life, anyway. The only thing I knew about so called Calvinists was that the are workaholics, honest and very boring people - imagine that! And that they believe in God in a very strange way. Ha, and who would suppose that several years later I should find myself embracing the very same doctrines... Lord's ways - who should know them?

God has a peculiar sense of humor :)

But seriously - this IS the real Gospel, Gospel of Grace, of Freedom in Christ. I shall not try to be wise and write more - go to the links on the right side of this blog for more food.
But grow in grace, and [in] the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him [be] glory both now and for ever. Amen.
2Pe 3:18

No comments: