Thursday, October 19, 2006

Vocabulary


I was thinking of the fact that many, many new words have come to usage in my life... Here is just an unordered selection. Enjoy!

  • Grace
    For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
    (Joh 1:17)
  • Love
    But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
    (Mat 5:44)
  • Atonement
    And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.
    (Rom 5:11)
  • Obedience
    Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
    (Heb 5:8)
  • Holy
    For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.
    (Luk 1:49)
  • Savior
    Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Savior, Jesus:
    (Act 13:23)
  • God
    Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
    (Mat 1:23)
  • Sin
    Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
    (Joh 8:34)
  • Trust
    Pray for us: for we trust we have a good conscience, in all things willing to live honestly.
    (Heb 13:18)
  • Guard
    Be thou prepared, and prepare for thyself, thou, and all thy company that are assembled unto thee, and be thou a guard unto them.
    (Eze 38:7)
  • Word
    Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
    (2Ti 4:2)
  • Redemption
    Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
    (Heb 9:12)
  • Preach
    Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:
    (Col 1:28)
  • Righteousness
    Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
    (Tit 3:5)
  • Sacrifice
    By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.
    (Heb 13:15)
  • Father
    That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
    (Mat 5:45)
  • Spirit
    Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
    (Mat 5:3)
  • Son
    And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
    (Mat 3:17)
  • Fruits
    Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.
    (Phi 1:11)
  • Ministry
    But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.
    (Act 20:24)
  • Believer
    And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what portion hath a believer with an unbeliever?
    (2Co 6:15)
  • Judgment
    and he saith with a great voice, Fear God, and give him glory; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made the heaven and the earth and sea and fountains of waters.
    (Rev 14:7)
  • Church
    Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.
    (1Co 14:19)
  • Perfect
    Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
    (Mat 5:48)
  • Sufficient
    And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
    (2Co 12:9)
  • Creator
    Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshiped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
    (Rom 1:25)
  • Dwell
    And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
    (Rev 21:3)
  • Cross
    And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
    (Mat 10:38)
  • Resurrection
    For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
    (1Co 15:21)
  • Life
    And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
    (Rev 22:17)
Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.
(2Ti 1:13)



No comments: