Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Fire and Ice


What would the devil say about your life?

Powerful message of all songs from this album makes me really uneasy and thinking about everything I do and say.






Life is not a toy anymore, nor a pastime, nor an accident. Life I know now does not depend on me, but is wholly dependent on God's Grace and Forgiveness. Somehow, of reasons unknown to me, He decided to save me and make me holy, although I am the greatest of sinners, and do not deserve His Love at all.
There is a lot of fire in me, sometimes it burns as it could put the whole world on fire. And I honestly believe that this is nothing unique to baby-Christians. At the same time I understand that this fire must be fed constantly, because it dies out without nourishment, and sometimes can even become ice. This is hard to imagine right now, yet very, very possible.
Very important words come to mind:
Rev 3:14-19 (14) "And to the angel of the church in Laodicea write: 'The words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of God's creation. (15) "'I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot! (16) So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth. (17) For you say, I am rich, I have prospered, and I need nothing, not realizing that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked. (18) I counsel you to buy from me gold refined by fire, so that you may be rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself and the shame of your nakedness may not be seen, and salve to anoint your eyes, so that you may see. (19) Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline, so be zealous and repent.



I wholeheartedly agree that the worst condition is that of "in-between", neither hot nor cold, only lukewarm. This is a dangerous, deceiving and treacherous way, to go together with everybody, hoping for benefits from every side of the road. You can either have your cake or eat it, right? Do not hope for some miraculous cake here. You have to choose - or rather - to follow the choice made by God with obedience and gratitude.
If you hesitate, your Enemy will snap you at your weakest moment and swallow you. Radical? Maybe, but the only possible logic of my life from now on, and the only healthy one, as well.

No comments: